
After two LONG years, my brother Joe returned home from his mission last Wednesday night. He served in Ghana Africa and spent the majority of his mission in small villages--where showering consisted of using buckets of water, clothes were hand washed, and electricity was little or none. He learned to speak Twi, and grew to love all the people there--especially the little children. For some of the small children, he was the first white boy they had ever seen. They sang songs to him O Broony--(white boy) :--and some even cried when he had to leave. He served a successful mission, and I am so proud of him. He has such a strong knowledge of the gospel, and his powerful testimony shines through in his countenance, and makes me want to be a better person. He is such a great example to me, and I love him so much.

It was awesome to welcome Joe home. He flew into the SLC airport at 11:00PM. He and three other missionaries flew in together. Of course, they let everyone else go first, and had to wait to be the last ones off the airplane--like the anticipation of the last two years wasn't enough already :) We held balloons and home made posters (that Liz's kids had made earlier that day).

It was overwhelming to see Joe for the first time in two years, and none of us could hold back the tears :) Here are some pictures from that night. Welcome Home Joe! I love you!!!

Mom, Dad, and Joe--Home at last :)

All of us, that weren't in bed at least--Chaz wouldn't stop digging at my teeth :)

Grandma and Moto. . .before the plane landed

Liz and I--my sister in crime :)

Mom and Dad--I promise these are not the latest invention

Jen and Cody (and baby Madision--in Jen's belly)

Welcome Home Joe :)




3 comments:
WOW! I can't believe little Joe is all grown up! I just remember a tiny kid running all around the volleyball tournaments...so cute! It's so nice to finally have them home. I remember when Steven got home, I was so excited to see him. Your family looks so good. It was fun to see pictures!
He is so handsome!!! His tie is so cool!!! I can't believe that we are getting so old. The last time I saw him he was so small. Time is just flying!!
Yay for missions!
Thanks for letting me hold Chaz today. He is too cute!
Post a Comment