Friday, August 15, 2008

Alaska Here We Come. . .

Three weeks ago my husband and I went to Alaska with Jared's brother and wife (Josh and Katy), and Jared's Grandma and Grandpa. We had such a great time! We flew into Juneua and then to Petersburg.
We stayed at Point Baker, which is located on the Prince of Wales Islands. We took a float plane to Point Baker and stayed at the Land's End Lodge for a week. We caught halibut, rock fish, red snappers, and bass fish. The highlight of the week was catching the biggest red snapper, and watching Jared harpoon a large halibut.
We saw whales, dolphins, and sea lions.
The Friday before we left, we got into a big storm while we were fishing. At first it was exciting with the wind and rain pouring down on us and the waves getting bigger and bigger. I felt like I was on the Deadliest Catch (Discovery Channel) with my bright yellow rain gear on, and the waves crashing down around us.
Then our guide came and found us. We were fishing by Strait Island. He told us to get back to the lodge because some of the swells were ten feet high. So we strapped on our life jackets, and headed back to the lodge. We followed our guide back to the lodge. The ride back was adventurous, intense, and a litte scary at times. I was relieved when we were back to the lodge.

It was an awesome week, and I would love to go back! I was so happy to get home to my babies though. I missed them sooooo much!!! It was heartbreaking to return home to see my little boy walking and off his bottle. My sister is way to proactive! She stayed at my house with my kids while I was gone. I am actually really lucky to have her and my mother. Thanks Liz!!!!

3 comments:

Ras Family said...

That is so awesome!!! Alaska is on my list of places to go!!! Your pictures are so beautiful!!! I am so glad that you had fun.

Ashlee said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! This will be fun to see what's going on with everyone. We now have to work on Holly!!!! I lost my camera so I haven't blogged for a while, but I just got a new one, so hopefully I can get back in to it! It looks like you had a great time in Alaska! JEALOUS! I could use a vacation right about now!

Anonymous said...

Way cute blog! I love vacations and that one looks amazing! SO FUN! I am about due for a vacation like that. I never really thought Alaska would be that pretty, but it looks beautiful and a blast!